Bid Her Good Bye

TextWrangler is an all-purpose text and code editor for Mac OS X, based on the same award-winning technology as BBEdit, the leading professional HTML and text editor. 

Bare Bones is sunsetting TextWrangler, after all these plenty years. And they encourage anyone interested in TextWrangler to download and use BBEdit instead.

I met TextWrangler more than a decade ago which means a lot of years, seen the distance and the time elapsed. As much of us did, I felt in love with her logotype. It says a lot of things, a kind of farewell.

TextWrangler
TextWrangler from BareBones


We look one each other and we became friends at a glance. TextWrangler helped me to meet my needs, to reach my goals, to achieve my timeliness and she helped me to be productive while pleasantly writing software. Or text.

Because we all know of software is written text. This is the reason what uniqueness fits for a project or a prototype. You can feel the hands and the mind that wrote the script, the objects, the bones.Feel them  just looking and reading that small piece of written software.

TextWrangler also helped me when I need or needed to upload via FTP, or SFTP a piece of text to the server. I must confess you that I learned to write software with TextWrangler, which may seem too lightweight for programmers.

She was of help, too, in a forensic exam, for a litigation process. "Look,  this has built done using a Bare Bones product". Period.

TextWrangler became one of my decisive and favourite tools, and she is not going to be updated, so you better change to BBEdit, manufactured in North Chelmsford, MA. You will have the same, exactly the same features your present toolbox contains. Not a miss but an improvement, wanting to assist his dearest and only friend.

Because of all our tools are important.
Newer Post Older Post Home